Videoredo and DVD lab pro

Raziaar

New member
I managed tosuccessfully copy the shows to my computer with pvrexplorer, then edit the commercials out with video redo, but now when I put all the movies and sounds into DVD lab pro, I get errors.

Runtime error! abnormal program termination. Something with compile.aux

Now... I already made a DVD using the same process, so I know it can
be done, but something seems to be wrong with one of the videos I
have. Before it didn't work on movie 4, and 1-3 worked as I tested the
compiling... I deleted them all, then redited the commercials out of
the videos again, and now its video 1 that is having the problems.

What am I doing wrong? The movies play great, the sound and video is
all intact. How can I fix this issue? Anybody know? Its killing me here.


EDIT:

And one more thing. I just compiled all the videos without editing
their commercials, and they all worked, it compiled without errors.

What could possibly be happening as I edit out the commercials in
videoredo? anyone know?
 

Raziaar

New member
DanR said:
Does DVDLab pro have an alternate / relaxed multiplexer?
How can I find that out? I did everything the same I am now, as I did for the first dvd, but its not working this time.
 

Danr

Administrator
Staff member
In the DVDLab standard there's a multiplexer option on the compile project page. We don't have DVDLab Pro here so I can't say if that version has a similar option.
 

Anonymous

New member
DanR said:
In the DVDLab standard there's a multiplexer option on the compile project page. We don't have DVDLab Pro here so I can't say if that version has a similar option.
Where can I download DVDlab standard? I dont see the trial option on their website for standard version, just studio and pro.
 
In DVD-Lab Standard V1.33b, when you compile the DVD a Compile Menu appears. From this look down to the Multiplexer Engine, there are two options 1. Main (Fast, DVD Compliant) and 2. Alternative (Relaxed Compliancy). As far as I can remember this is only in the Standard version, it is not in either the Pro or Studio versions.

Oscar has taken Standard as far as he can and it will no longer be improved upon. He is concentrating on Studio & Pro which both use the same code.

Hope this helps, David
 

Anonymous

New member
Grandpa Broon said:
In DVD-Lab Standard V1.33b, when you compile the DVD a Compile Menu appears. From this look down to the Multiplexer Engine, there are two options 1. Main (Fast, DVD Compliant) and 2. Alternative (Relaxed Compliancy). As far as I can remember this is only in the Standard version, it is not in either the Pro or Studio versions.

Oscar has taken Standard as far as he can and it will no longer be improved upon. He is concentrating on Studio & Pro which both use the same code.

Hope this helps, David

It looked in the project properties, and I think there is something along these lines? Its called Quick-remux, which is default and which I was using, and 'normal'... Hmm.

I'm gonna try it with that, and see if it works.

By the way, it seems certain videos of mine don't work. I have 5 shows on one dvd, and I tested each individual one. 1-3 worked fine compiling by themselves, but 4 and 5 gave errors near immediately when compiling. How can I resolve this?
 
You can use VRD QuickStream Fix to repair the errors but if these are transmited or TV captured mpegs then you may have to use Mpeg2Repair. You will have to save the file out as .ts (transmission stream) first from within VRD+ as it only works on .ts files. Apart from these two methods I know no other way except transcoding to fix the errors.

Regards David
 

Anonymous

New member
Grandpa Broon said:
You can use VRD QuickStream Fix to repair the errors but if these are transmited or TV captured mpegs then you may have to use Mpeg2Repair. You will have to save the file out as .ts (transmission stream) first from within VRD+ as it only works on .ts files. Apart from these two methods I know no other way except transcoding to fix the errors.

Regards David
How do I do that? I saved the file as a .ts in videoredo... it no longer registers as a mpeg2.

I open it up in MPEG2Repair, and hit the Find PID's button, and it gives an error of:

Input file is not MPEG2 Transport Stream
 

phd

Super Moderator
What build of VideoReDo Plus are you using?

You may have to update to a newer version for better support of transport streams.
 

Raziaar

New member
I am using version 1.70.302 of video redo. Purchased it a little while ago. I notice on the website there is a free upgrade to video redo plus... i didn't notice it.

EDIT: This might explain why it didnt work for me. I just saved the file manually as a .ts in videoredo. I figured thats what I had to do. Guess not.

I like the new interface!


EDIT 2: still doesnt work. What am I doing wrong? How do I save the MPEG file into a .ts file in VRD?
 

Raziaar

New member
Nope... not even that program works. I'm depressed.

So what i've done, is took the video files that worked after editing in videoredo, and the ones that didnt... I didnt edit the commercials out. When they weren't run through videoredo they compiled fine, its after I ran them through videoredo they stopped working. No idea why.

I hope those are the only two ones i'll ever have problems with!
 

Danr

Administrator
Staff member
This is the first we've heard of this situation. If you can isolate the section where the problem occurs and send / upload the original file, we'd be glad to look into it further. I have no idea whether its a VideoReDo issue , or a DVDLab problem.

After re-reading this thread, I see that you are recording off of a Dish. Have you tried the VideoReDo GOP reduction? Perhaps that will help. Its time consuming, but I do know that in DVDLab Std, the GOP redution did clear up some issues in DVDLab muxer.
 

Anole

Moderator
VRD and DVD Labs

I also extract my video from a Dish PVR using PVRexplorer, ver 1068.
I set it to mux on the fly, leaving only the .log and .mpg file when it's done.
I do NOT mux in a seperate pass.
I'm using VideoReDo Plus Beta (and fall back a few versions for occasional tests), and DVD Labs Standard 1.33.
Other than a rare wart in the VRD+ Beta, I have regular success making DVDs.
I completed 40 to 50 gigabytes over the weekend.


Grandpa Broon said:
In DVD-Lab Standard V1.33b, when you compile the DVD a Compile Menu appears. From this look down to the Multiplexer Engine, there are two options 1. Main (Fast, DVD Compliant) and 2. Alternative (Relaxed Compliancy). As far as I can remember this is only in the Standard version, it is not in either the Pro or Studio versions.

Oscar has taken Standard as far as he can and it will no longer be improved upon. He is concentrating on Studio & Pro which both use the same code.
Grandpa Broom laid it out well, above.

The "standard" version 1.3-something disappeared from their web site a couple of months ago.
It was replaced by 'studio" which is a trimmed-down version of the new Pro 1.5.
Both Studio and Pro use a new library (and source file) and there is no longer support for the "relaxed multiplexing" that was in the Standard 1.3 version.

Couple of months ago when he was first relasing Studio, Oscar was concerned about what people would do without the relaxed muxer and about making life easy for us.
I have not read the DVD Labs support forum (looks just like this one) in quite a while, and don't know what has happened.

If Dan of VideoReDo can point to something wrong in DVD Labs , I'm sure Oscar can and will fix it.
If Dan & Co find anything in VRD they can fix, you -know- that'll happen quickly!

DVD Labs Pro 1.5 has been out for some time, and I'm just now hearing about the problem, so either VRD has a recently-induced glitch, or DVD Labs has a late patch that broke things.

I suggest you make sure you are running the very latest beta of VRD+.
I was having some troubles with r388 and r391, but it appears that r393 is available, and I'm anxious to fire that up!
 

Danr

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone has a file that working in DVDLabPro before editing, but doesn't after editing, then please save it and contact us here or via email. We will want to get our hands on it to figure out if its a VRD issue.
 

Raziaar

New member
DanR said:
If anyone has a file that working in DVDLabPro before editing, but doesn't after editing, then please save it and contact us here or via email. We will want to get our hands on it to figure out if its a VRD issue.
How would I send the file? It is 1 gigabyte in size. I can always burn it and send it on DVD, but only if this could somehow be useful for you.
 

Danr

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the offer. If you trim the file (using Tools>Trim) down to about 250 MB or less, then its reasonable to upload it. Of course we still need to see if DVDLabPro still fails after editing.
 

Raziaar

New member
DanR said:
Thanks for the offer. If you trim the file (using Tools>Trim) down to about 250 MB or less, then its reasonable to upload it. Of course we still need to see if DVDLabPro still fails after editing.
The trim option confuses me. Won't that not be a complete file?
 
Top Bottom