Thousands of Frames Removed & Video Plays at Double Speed

holygamer

Member
Video is 16 GB. Had to upload the whole thing so you can see the problem. Mega was the only place I could find to upload it.

mega.nz/#!9o1SDKAS!XMsN9zS2Npy_m_sP9X78gzxsBId8JI1xE8cEmO6CreM

Please play the video. It plays back fine but when I save the video with/without making any cuts in VideoRedo V5 Pro the resulting video has thousands of frames removed and then plays fast.
 

jmc

Active member
Video is 16 GB. Had to upload the whole thing so you can see the problem. Mega was the only place I could find to upload it.

mega.nz/#!9o1SDKAS!XMsN9zS2Npy_m_sP9X78gzxsBId8JI1xE8cEmO6CreM

Please play the video. It plays back fine but when I save the video with/without making any cuts in VideoRedo V5 Pro the resulting video has thousands of frames removed and then plays fast.
Some info I've save off on certain problems when using VRD...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Frames Removed

They're caused by corruption in the source video. Usually some sort of transmission error in the source or
possibly some sort of corruption that happens at transfer. (common for .tivo files)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(fast forward effect in video...)

V5 will do this with files that have really long GOPs. You can fix it by increasing the buffer values in Tools-
>Options->Stream Parameters
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

holygamer

Member
There's a buffer size min and max frames. Which should I change and what value should I use?

Weird this happened. It's an Elgato Game Capture HD cap. When I originally edited the video there wasn't any problem. I then used a batch script to remux the video with MKVMerge and normalize the audio with AAC Gain. I then edited that video in VideoRedo and got the problem.
 

jmc

Active member
There's a buffer size min and max frames. Which should I change and what value should I use?
Well, mine are set at "Min frames" 2650, "Max frames" 20480.
Just kinda bump it up till the problem goes away.

Now VRD is 32bit so there are limits on buffer sizes. I jumped some buffers way up once and VRD malfunctioned.
 

holygamer

Member
I've trimmed a clip HERE. I changed the values to what you said and I've tried higher values as well but after saving the trimmed clip lots of frames are still removed.
 

Dan203

Senior Developer
Staff member
Open the file in MediaInfo and look at the frame rate. If it's variable then it will not work in VideoReDo. If it's static then compare that value to what you see in Tools->Show video program info in VideoReDo. Is the one in VRD different? If so try using the different settings for "Source frame rate" under Tools->Options->H.264 options and see if you can get it to match. In some cases the container will have a different frame rate then the actual video and this can throw us off as we're not sure which one is correct. With that option you can force it to use one or the other, or force it to calculate it. (Don't use calculate unless you have to as it can be slightly inaccurate)
 

holygamer

Member
Thanks. MediaInfo said it was a Variable framerate even though it isn't. VideoRedo>Tools->Show video program info shows it as 25fps. Tried changing H264 settings in VideoRedo to From Stream and From Container but it didn't work. Calculate worked and no frames were removed. But MediaInfo still stays the video is Variable. Why when it's not?

Any idea how VideoRedo thought the video had a variable framerate? It's an Elgato Game Capture HD video. It only records in a fixed framerate. I then saved the video in VideoRedo V5 Pro and no frames were removed. I then used the below batch script to normalize the audio volume then I saved the video in VideoRedo V5 again which was when it removed the frames:

Code:
for %%a in ("*.mkv") do  (

"X:\Portable Installations\MKV Toolnix\mkvextract.exe" --ui-language en tracks "%%a" 0:"%%~na.h264" 1:"%%~na.gain0"

for %%b in ("*.gain0") do "X:\Portable Installations\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -i "%%b" -vn -c:a copy -absf aac_adtstoasc "J:\Temp\gain.m4a"

"X:\Portable Installations\AAC Gain 1.9\aacgain.exe" -r -k -m 0 "J:\Temp\gain.m4a"

"X:\Portable Installations\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -i "J:\Temp\gain.m4a" -map 0:0 -vn -c:a copy "%%~da%%~pa%%~na.aac"

"X:\Portable Installations\MKV Toolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "%%~da%%~pa%%~na.AAC.mkv" "--forced-track" "0:no" "-d" "0" "-A" "-S" "-T" "--no-global-tags" "--no-chapters" "(" "%%~na.h264" ")" "--language" "0:eng" "--forced-track" "0:no" "-a" "0" "-D" "-S" "-T" "--no-global-tags" "--no-chapters" "(" "%%~da%%~pa%%~na.aac" ")" "--track-order" "0:0,1:0"

del "*.gain0"
del "*.h264"
del "*.aac"
del "J:\Temp\gain.m4a"

)

"X:\Daves Folder\Sounds\VideoRedo Completed Sound Short.WAV"

pause
 
Last edited:

Dan203

Senior Developer
Staff member
When MediaInfo says variable it shows a min and a max fps. If they're really close then it's just wrong. But if there is a big variance then the video is variable.
 
Top Bottom