Profile that works fine on 719 doesn't work on 728

Dan203

Senior Developer
Staff member
#2
Nothing about the profile itself should cause an issue. Can you post the Program Info for the source file you're applying it to? Are you making any cuts?
 
#3
Nothing about the profile itself should cause an issue. Can you post the Program Info for the source file you're applying it to? Are you making any cuts?
Yes, I am making cuts.

I have attached info for one example. While there are variations, they are all TiVo recordings decrypted using VRD Qsfix. Most of the time, I make the cuts by editing the VRD Adscan cuts.
 

Attachments

Dan203

Senior Developer
Staff member
#4
The only weird thing I see there is that the interlaced file is bottom field first. However that should still work, it's just unusual.

Does it stall immediately or a ways into the output? If it's a ways into the output can you try saving without the cuts just to see if that has any effect.
 
#5
It stalls immediately with "Calculating remaining time". Spends several minutes with no number then when the number finally does appear it is very high (lowest I've seen is 85+ hours) and constantly increasing and never producing any output.

Did some more testing and I have a place for you to start looking for the problem. Since my reason for installing this beta release was because it fixes my cc problem, my initial testing was with recordings that had the problem. When I tested today with recordings that did not have the problem, it appears to work fine.
 
#7
Which CC problem? Do we already have a sample file? If so what's the ticket number?
See this thread.

I also received e-Mail from Dan Rosen saying the problem had been fixed in the latest beta and the release notes indicate the same thing.

Edit: Currently running 728 on the 29 second sample I provided. After 15 minutes, it is reporting 20% complete and remaining time bouncing around 1:06:50.

Edit 2:Finally completed. Processing time was 4533 seconds.

Edit 3: Closed captions no longer garbled because they weren't there at all.
 
Last edited:

Dan203

Senior Developer
Staff member
#8
There seems to be an issue with the caption fix we just added and down sampling the video resolution. We're looking in to it. If you bump the resolution back up to 1920x1080 it works fine. Like I said we're trying to figure out why the resolution change is causing an issue.
 
#9
I installed the latest beta (729) and it no longer hangs but the original problem is still there - closed captions are being garbled. In fact, it's worse.
 

Danr

Administrator
Staff member
#11
We re-tested your previous sample in 729 and it looks OK. Can you upload a new source sample for us to check?

use ticket: TZG-35946-339 for the upload subject/ticket.
 
#12
We re-tested your previous sample in 729 and it looks OK. Can you upload a new source sample for us to check?

use ticket: TZG-35946-339 for the upload subject/ticket.
That's odd. When I test with the sample,the converted video has captions that are even more garbled than before.

I have uploaded both a fresh copy of the sample input and the converted output.

If you need a different example, it might be a few days. My brain is not working well at the moment. Dealing with the pain from a kidney stone.
 

Danr

Administrator
Staff member
#15
We did fix this in 728, but not 100%. Your output profile saves to progressive frames and that affected things. Is working now for 730, which will be posted this week.
 
#18
The cc problem has re-surfaced. Edited and converted the first episode of "Stitchers" and the captions are garbled in the converted video. I have sample files available.
 
#20
I uploaded 4 files. The profile xml, the source sample and two output samples. First output sample was created directly from the original source while sample2 was created from the source sample. Uploaded to folder TZG-35946-339.
 
Top