Problems with mp4 video with 728c

bpratt

Member
I recently attended my granddaughters dance competition. They would not allow use of video cameras so I purchase several videos from a professional. One of the videos plays fine with Windows Media Player but does not work with VideoReDo 728c. The file is a mp4, 337mb, 1920 x 1080, Data Rate 18021 kbps, Frame Rate 30 fps, Audio bit rate 131 kbps, 44kHz.

If I try to play the original video using VideoReDo, it plays for a few seconds then goes into a high speed skip for most of the file and then plays the last several seconds. The sound breaks up and is out of sync.

I ran Quickstream Fix and that file also plays fine with Windows Media Player but when played with VideoReDo, the video is mostly OK with points where it will pause for about a second, but the audio plays then stops over and over.

Suggestions?
 

Dan203

Senior Developer
Staff member
Download the free program MediaInfo, open this file in it, then switch to text view and copy/paste all the info here. I want to see if there is anything about the file itself that is causing an issue.
 

bpratt

Member
General
Complete name : D:\ZZZ\P50014755.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 338 MiB
Duration : 2mn 36s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 18.1 Mbps
Movie name : Input4_4_1.mp4
Track name/Position : 7087
Encoded date : UTC 1970-01-01 00:00:00
Tagged date : UTC 1970-01-01 00:00:00
Writing application : Lavf52.39.0

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L3
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 2mn 36s
Bit rate : 18.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.289
Stream size : 335 MiB (99%)
Writing library : x264 core 77
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=4 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=4 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=32 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=cbr / mbtree=1 / bitrate=18000 / ratetol=0.2 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=10000 / vbv_bufsize=10000 / ip_ratio=1.41 / aq=1:1.00
Encoded date : UTC 1970-01-01 00:00:00
Tagged date : UTC 1970-01-01 00:00:00

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Duration : 2mn 36s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 132 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 2.44 MiB (1%)
Encoded date : UTC 1970-01-01 00:00:00
Tagged date : UTC 1970-01-01 00:00:00
 

Dan203

Senior Developer
Staff member
I see noting about the file that should be causing an issue.

Try going to Tools->Options->Stream parameters and doubling the buffer sizes. If that doesn't work double them again.

If that doesn't work try running QSF again but this time force a recode on the audio and set the samplerate to 48Khz. That will tell us if the 44.1Khz audio is the issue.
 

bpratt

Member
Doubling the buffer sizes fixed the problem with the original file.
Min Frames: was 265 changed to 530
Max Frames: was 2048 changed to 4096

Thanks for your help. Sorry I took so long to reply.
 
Top Bottom